GST Hello. In this post we will be discussing about Form 3B of GST. Given below are the contents which we will be discussing in this post:
The GST council has decided to extend the deadline for filing of GSTR-3B for the month of January,2019 by two days i.e., 22nd February for all the states except Jammu & Kashmir. For Jammu & Kashmir it is extended till 28th February.
What is GSTR 3B?
GSTR 3B is a simple tax return form under GST which was initially introduced for the months of July and August 2017. It has now been updated up to the month of March 2019. It is a form to show the summary of all transactions under GST. In this form, you will only be including the total value of the specified fields and not the value of each transaction.
If you have multiple GSTIN registrations, you have to file a GSTR 3B for each of the GSTINs.
Details to be shown in GSTR-3B
There are total 6 tables which have to be shown in GSTR-3B:
- Details of Outward Supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge
- Details of inter-state supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders for the above shown supplies.
- Details about ITC
- Values of exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies
- Payment of tax
- TDS/TCS credit
You can see the representation of these details in the next section.
GSTR-3B format [With Screenshots]
- Table 3.1: Details of Outward Supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge
- Table 3.2: Details of inter-state supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders for the above shown supplies.
- Table 4: Eligible ITC
- Table 5: Values of exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies
- Table 6.1: Payment of tax
- Table 6.2: TDS/TCS Credit
GSTR 3B due date
The due date for filing is 20th of the following month. i.e., if you want to file GSTR-3B for Nov 2018, then you have to file it by 20th Dec 2018.
Late fee for filing of GSTR-3B
The fees for late filing depends upon the type of 3B return.
- For Normal Return, the late fee is Rs. 50 per day
- For Nil Return, the late fee is Rs. 20 per day
In either of these cases, the amount should not exceed Rs. 5,000.
The late fee will be automatically included in the next month payment of taxes.
This ends our post on GSTR-3B. If you have any questions, drop them in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to get back to them.