Hello. In this post we will be discussing about Form 3B of GST. Given below are the contents which we will be discussing in this post.
What is GSTR 3B?
GSTR 3B is a simple tax return form under GST which was initially introduced for the months of July and August 2017. It has now been updated up to the month of June 2018.
If you have multiple GSTIN registrations, you have to file a GSTR 3B for each of the GSTINs.
In this form, you will only be including the total value of the specified fields and not the value of each transaction.
What are the values to be shown in GSTR 3B?
- Details of Outward Supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge
- Details of inter-state supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders for the above shown supplies.
- Eligible ITC
- Values of exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies
- Payment of tax
- TDS/TCS Credit
What is the due date for GSTR 3B filing?
The due date for filing is 20th of the following month. I.e., if you want to file GSTR-3B for June 2018, then you have to file it by 20th July 2018.
Late fee for filing of GSTR-3B
The fees for late filing depends upon the type of 3B return.
- For Normal Return, the late fee is Rs. 50 per day
- For Nil Return, the late fee is Rs. 20 per day
In either of these cases, the amount should not exceed Rs. 5,000.
The late fee will be automatically included in the next month payment of taxes.
This ends our post on form 3B of GST. If you have any questions, drop them in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to get back to them.